Here are bassist for Ball Park Music Jen Boyce’s top five things from 2012:
1. Adopting our kitten Rapunzel from Furry Friends Animal Rescue. She has cerebellar hypoplasia and is one of the cutest animals in the world. She joins the family of me, my boyfriend, our cats Dave and Sylvester and our chooks Katy Peri Peri, Eggie Murphy, Rachel Lee Chook, Lucky Nugget, Gregory Peck and Flappy Gilmore. <3
2. Playing at Splendour in the Grass. We didn’t realise before we played that the whole tent would be full of people singing every word… That was a mind blowing experience.
3. Discovering Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. After bathing in the awesomeness of ‘Thrift Shop’, I didn’t anticipate I’d go out of my way to hear much more. But as soon as I heard one more of their tunes (‘Same Love’) I said “I’m buying that album”. It’s amazing and I recommend you buy it too.
4. Seeing Ben Folds Five. These guys are my absolute FAVOURITE act… you know, ever. So even though I had to wait at an airport for 3 hours in the middle of the night to get back from Perth, and although the festival was almost cancelled due to a freak hail storm… Best concert of my life.
5. Becoming vegan. I know, blah blah blah animal rights blah blah. But seriously, check it out. I don’t think everyone should be vegan but people should at least know where their food is coming from. I am the healthiest and happiest I’ve ever been and I’ve also met some really passionate, kind and clever people. Now I want a bazillion rescued animals to look after, daaaannngggg.